January 2, 2011

Less than 2 weeks!


I can't believe it.  Not this Thursday but next Thursday I will be on an airplane Italy bound.  First being accepted into the program, I told myself it was next year.  Then starting this fall semester I thought, "Oh it is next semester."  I moved back home after finals and people starting asking when do I leave and I replied, "Oh after the New Year!"  Well, it is now 2011 and 11 days until my departure.  This is unreal, time really does fly!  


When I first moved home from Spring Hill, I was nervous beyond belief.  However, now after a wonderful Christmas in Florida with the Byrne Family, I am ready to conquer the world (Well just Bologna for now).  The only thing I fret now is packing.  I am an awful packer, but I have to learn or it will literally cost me.  So, the plan is to only pack the necessities and shop over there.  Which Dad has already approved.  And of course I need to blend in, so wearing Italian clothes is the solution. 

So I have 11 days to say good-byes, and I am not sure how I feel about it.  It is kind of frightening for a particular loved one, but I have to stay strong and enjoy these 11 days I have left.  God is always there and I have to have faith that he will get me through whatever comes my way.  I am sure I will have a heart filled blog to come later.  

My Italian is slowly but surely progressing, I know key phrases and words.  Tomorrow my goal is to make labels for commonly used items and place them around the house.  We will see how that goes, I feel like I should have started this a long time ago. . .  

This is my last post until I am in Italy.  Wow, my life is unreal.  This is really the "Good Life."   

Buananotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment