January 31, 2011

My Classes

So we have been in class for 2 and 1/2 weeks now and I am still in vacation mode!  Of course I am doing my readings and my homework, but it takes a lot to want to sit down and do when there is a city asking to be explored.  My classes are very interesting and all of my professors are extremely qualified.  My international business professor studied corporate law  here at the University of Bologna and then went to Harvard and publishes an annual article in prominent law journal in Italy.  My art history professor acquired her PhD at the University of Bologna in the History of Art.  She is currently the assistant curator of Harvard's gallery in Florence and has published many articles and one book.  Her love for art always is gleaming as she teaches, her class might be the most difficult this semester, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences.  For this class we actually spend one day a week in lecture, then the second day visiting museums and churches.  This week we are  actually going to Florence!  My next class is Italiano!  It is by far my favorite class!   We have two instructors, and they are such a pair.  I love being in there around them and they are always so encouraging.  I always heard horror stories of taking a foreign language in college, but it is nothing like that!  Si, noi parliamo solo italiano in classe.   But, how else are we supposed to learn?  


So to clarify many misconceptions about this trip, yes I am studying abroad.  My classes are intriguing and will require studying, but the knowledge I will gain from them is invaluable.  This is only the start of my third week here and I am already falling in love with this place. So thank you Spring Hill, especially our director Todd, and my parents of course.




Ciao!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment