March 29, 2011

Io vado in Irlanda domani!!!

One of the many things I love about living in Europe is the easy access to the countries surrounding it.  This weekend we have an extended weekend for travel, so tomorrow after my class I am off to Ireland!  I have always wanted to go to Ireland so I decided to take this opportunity to go explore.  I am flying with Beka and Emily into Dublin.  Emily is meeting with her brother who is currently living in Ireland.  Beka and I are taking a bus up to Belfast in Northern Ireland.  I am staying in Belfast for two nights and then I am going back down to Dublin to do some traveling on my own for three days.  One of my goals for the semester was to "discover myself" and I believe this can't be done if I don't spend time by myself.  While I am nervous, I am excited to see what I discover.  

These past few months have been full of the most rewarding experiences and I know this will just add to my journey.  Before this trip, I was at a real lost at what I wanted in life.  Being here, I have gained so much patience. I have finally realized that I don't have every detail of my life planned.  My only plan is to somehow get back over here.  When I was younger, I always said that I wanted to live in Europe.  I didn't have many reasons why, I just knew I wanted to.  Then after my first Europe trips in high school, I had it mapped out to move back to Paris.  For some reason, after years passed I felt that it was impossible so I decided that I just wanted to be successful enough to vacation to Europe frequently.  Well as we all know, God always has a bigger plan for us.  This opportunity comes up to live here in Bologna, Italy.  I remember the day my dad told me of the program. Before he could even finish telling me about it, I just kept saying, "Please please please!"  Now I am here, and I realize that vacationing is not enough.  My family has already started taking bets for how long I will last in the United States before coming back.  You can't blame me for wanting to live in Italy.  The amazing food, beautiful sights, and the wonderful people have won my heart.  Although I will have to part from here soon, I will return.  

This is the life I lead and love.  The life of enjoying the simple things.  That is where true happiness lies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment