June 26, 2011

Ancora Ciao!

So I have been back in the United States for almost 2 full months now.  I still miss Italy as much as I did when I first left.  It has been so amazing to see all my friends and family.  Everyone asks me how my trip was, and all I can think to say is "Amazing."  But that simple little word does not give my life changing semester any justice.  I think I could write a novel, and still have a difficult time describing how incredible my semester was.  If you check the post previous to this one, you will see that I have not posted since March 29.  I have had so many people ask me why I didn't finish my blog.  I do apologize for not at least blogging small updates, but I just was so caught up at the world around me, I just chose to go off and explore instead of being on my computer.  However, I continued writing, but it was my personal growth.

Lately, I have been super stressed and find myself emotionally worked up.  Everyday I reminisce about my semester.  I still remember everything like it was yesterday.  Some moments I just replay in my head hoping that it will make it real again.  So, you could say it has been a culture shock for me.  I went through similar emotional stress while in Italy, which made excellent journal entries.  One of the most rewarding things about this semester was that I started writing more.  Everything around me was inspiration, how could I not take it in and write it down.  I used to be the girl who was always analytical and scientific, but Italy brought the creative spark and now I would say I am definitely more inclined to the language arts.  So, to hopefully relieve some of my stress now, I have decided to revamp this blog and continue telling about my semester.

I warn you that the post will be random and unpredictable. One day I might write about my trip to Greece, and the next could be a funny moment that happened in Alma Mater.  Sometimes I might just pick one of my favorite pictures from the semester and tell the story behind it.  I also want to write about some of the valuable life lessons that I learned.  From views of racism, religion, to love, I hope to show you that this semester was not just a "big trip."  It was period of self discovery.

1 comment: